Brother DZ3000 is a very good machine. But it is moderately recommended as it is not really worth spending extra dollars for very few extra features.
Brother Designio Series DZ3000 Computerized Sewing And Quilting Machine Features
- 14 sewing feet including a circular attachment
- 240 built-in stitches including 130 sewing stitches and 110 alphanumeric stitches
- 8 1-step automatic buttonholes
- Extra wide table and full set of designer accessories
- Automatic needle threader
- Presser foot pressure adjustment
- Free motion
- 25 year limited warranty
Brother DZ3000 Review
Sewing Machine Reviews Recommendation Level : MODERATE
The interesting thing is that there are 3 models in this particular series of Designio machines. They are DZ2400, DZ2750 and DZ3000. All the three models are the same except in the number of built-in stitches and some other small extra features. All three Designio machines are built under the same frame. It is more like the different versions of a car. Normally we get entry level, middle level and top end model for the same vehicle model. Similar is the case with these machines. Here DZ2400 is the entry level model and DZ3000 is the top end version. The review of Brother DZ3000 is the same as that of DZ2400. So I am not trying to bore you with repetition. You can read the review for DZ2400 HERE. Don’t worry both machines are the same.
Brother DZ3000 Vs Brother DZ2400
Both the machines are same and both are quality machines that deliver high performance. Some of the major differences between Brother DZ3000 and DZ2400 are discussed below.
1. Brother DZ3000 comes with 14 sewing feet instead of the 12 that comes with DZ2400.
2. Brother DZ3000 has 240 built-in stitches including 130 sewing stitches and 110 alphanumeric ones. Whereas DZ2400 has only 185 built-in stitches which include 130 sewing stitches and 55 alphanumeric stitches.
3. The LCD display is slightly larger on Brother DZ3000.
4. Brother DZ3000 comes with 2 built-in lettering fonts instead of one that comes with DZ2400.
Other than the above mentioned differences, both the machines are identical.
There is no question about the quality of Brother DZ3000. The question is about the price. There is a huge price difference between Brother DZ3000 and DZ2400. The difference in features is pretty minor. All you will get with DZ3000 is the additional 55 alphanumeric stitches, 2 additional feet and an additional lettering font. You can ignore the size of the LCD display as it is pretty marginal.
The question is, is it worth spending a lot of dollars for 55 alphanumeric stitches and a lettering font? My answer is no. I will go with DZ2400. It all comes down to personal preferences though. Please check the price difference before buying.