The Brother CS6000i Sew Advance computerized sewing machine offers lots & lots of sewing goodness at an unbelievably low price of less than $200. Most other computerized machines in this price range do not offer half as many features.
Sturdy, reliable and brimming with features that make sewing fun, this machine takes you back to the good old days when you didn’t have to pay a whole lot to get something good!
It’s a fitting reply to all Brother detractors who claim that Brother sewing machines are highly overpriced!
Stitch Features of the Brother CS6000i Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine
60 stitches, including straight, appliqué, quilting, heirloom, 7 button hole styles and an array of decorative stitches- at this price, that’s exceptional value for the price! In addition, stitch length and width can be adjusted up to 7 mm for select stitches. The stitch list along with their respective numbers is conveniently printed on the front face of the machine so you don’t have to keep referring to the manual. All you need to do is press the ‘plus’ or ‘minus’ buttons around the LCD panel till the desired stitch number appears on the screen and you’re ready to go!
Functionality & Features of the CS6000i Computerized Sewing Machine
Lots of user-friendly automation and buttons makes this machine easy and fun to use.
- Start/Stop Button allows you to start and stop machines at the press of a button, without using a foot pedal.
- Reverse/Reinforce Stitch button locks your stitch in place with you are using decorative stitches and gives your work a neat, professional finish.
- Needle Up/Down Button allows you to hold the fabric in place when you want to take a break from sewing. The machine can be programmed to always stop in the up position or always in the down position for a particular project and then change the setting for the next project.
Other much loved features include:
- Twin needle with variable needle position
- Maximum sewing speed of 859 spm (stitches per minute)
- Electronic speed control
- Presser foot pressure control with 3 different height settings
- Automatic threading
- Automatic thread tension with dial for enhanced control
- Drop in bobbin loading with transparent bobbin cover
- Built in manual thread cutter on the left side of the machine
- Free arm sewing
- Six point feed dogs
- Extra wide table
The extra-wide extension table makes it easier to handle larger projects and the ruler guide printed on it, is convenient for measuring seams or fabric length.
Presser Feet that Come with the Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine
The CS6000i comes with 9 snap-on presser feet- again this is outstanding value if you consider the price of the machine. The 9 presser feet include general purpose or zigzag, overcasting, zipper, blind stitch, overcastting, button fitting, monogramming, quilting and walking foot.
Pros of the Brother CS6000i Sew Advance
Fantastic value for money is this sewing machine’s biggest strength. You get lots of features that you would otherwise only find in much higher priced models. Over and above, you get a lot of bonus accessories and tangibles that would otherwise cost more to buy separately. For e.g. – the extra wide extension table with ruler guide printed on it and additional presser feet.
Nice assortment of stitches
Sews through a variety of fabrics
Self-maintaining machine so you don’t have to think about oiling it at all
The presser foot pressure cannot be regulated
Accessory storage space is too crowded but using a separate storage box can easily take care of this drawback.
Some users find that the LCD screen isn’t bright enough. Working in a bright room overcomes this easily.
The Brother CS6000i 60 Stitch Computerized Free-Arm sewing machine is without question the best deal for under $200. The combination of low price and loads of features makes it one of the best value buys on the market.