I heard about the Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway sewing machine quite by accident and the news sent me scrambling across to Amazon.com to check it out. I’ve loved fooling around with fabric for as long as I can remember and I enjoy experimenting with different styles.
Friends and family know I’m always happy to whip up some unique creation for them at a moment’s notice and all my designs will always have just a little bit of machine embroidery on the cuffs, collar or pocket as my signature style. Not surprisingly, my favorite show is Project Runway, so when I heard that Brother had introduced a Project Runway sewing machine, I just had to go check it out.
I have to admit, I was just blown away at first sight and this, coming from me, is high praise. When it comes to sewing machines, it takes a lot to impress me. Now this particular model is impressive, no doubt about it. It has loads of potential for anyone who takes their sewing and their embroidery seriously. Take a look at what this machine has in store for you.
What I Love Most About the Brother LB6800PRW
The LB6800PRW comes loaded with drool worthy features and it’s not easy to pick just one. However, if I had to, I’d say what I love most about this machine is its computer connectivity, which allows me to upload my own customized sewing or embroidery projects directly to the machine itself. This immediately expands my embroidery library beyond my wildest imagination. With this feature, the embroidery embellishments I use for my creations will always be unique; I don’t have to repeat any of my embroidery.
My Other Favorite Features of the Brother LB6800PRW
The variety of built-in stitches that this machine comes with is another huge plus point – 70 embroidery stitches, 120 frame pattern combinations, 67 sewing stitches and 5 monogramming fonts. The length of some of the stitches can be adjusted to up to 5 mm and the width is adjustable to 7 mm. Add all of this to the computer connectivity and you can see that this machine offers tremendous versatility. I agree that I may not end up using them all, but it does allow me to explore my creativity a bit more and allows me to do certain types of sewing more easily. I look at the stitches and my mind immediately goes into overdrive while I imagine what all I can do with the smocking stitch, the stretch stitch, appliqué, eyelet, heirloom and other decorative stitches.
In addition to all of the above, the Brother LB6800PRW also comes with these useful features:
- 5 styles of 1-step automatic buttonholes
- Presser foot leveling button and pressure foot pressure adjustment
- Needle-stop position control
- Electronic variable sewing speed to choose the sewing speed
- Automatic reverse/reinforcement stitch
- Easy needle threading system
- Back-lit, easy to view LCD touch screen
Last but not least is the Project Runway Rolling luggage in which I can carry my machine around. I love it!
- Computer connectivity for endless possibilities
- A sturdy machine that’s powerful enough to sew over bulky fabrics smoothly and quietly without struggling
- Lots of much loved features
- The hoops that come with the Brother LB6800PRW are a little small, which actually serves my purpose but may not be so appropriate for someone who aims to do plenty of large size machine embroidery project.
The Brother LB6800PRW has the same features as the Brother SE 400 with the bonus Project Runway Rolling luggage. If you are serious about sewing and embroidery then this is the machine for you.