A motor that is 60% more powerful than that of the typical household sewing machine and the super-fast speed of 1,100 stitches per minute puts the Singer CG590 Commercial Grade Sewing Machine firmly in the commercial sewing machine category. This is the first choice for someone who is looking for a machine to handle bulk heavy sewing.
Features of the Singer CG590
- The powerful motor is housed within a solid metal outer body. It is heavy and stable and will not bounce when sewing at its top speed
- The bed plate is made of stainless steel so it can withstand the continuous use that a professional sewer would typically subject it to
- 18 useful built in stitches including a 4-step buttonhole
- Top-loading, jam-proof bobbin system
- Easy to use, thread tension dial
- Stitch balance level allows you to balance your stitch to the preferred amount
- Free arm capability takes the frustration out of sewing cuffs and pant legs
- Automatic needle threader so you don’t need to strain your eyes while trying to thread the needle anymore
- Drop feed system makes traditional darning and free motion quilting easy
- Exclusive electronic foot control guarantees a steady, consistent speed with no jumping while starting.
- Finger guard for finger protection when sewing fast
What Users Love about the Singer CG590 Sewing Machine
Most users who have bought the Singer CG590 rave about the power and speed of the machine. For those who do bulk sewing of uniforms, these two attributes help them increase their productivity and ultimately their bottom line. Not for nothing is it categorized as a commercial grade sewing machine.
This machine is SUPER FAST and will zip through bulky fabrics with ease and without bouncing like other machines do when sewing through heavy weight fabrics. What you need to consider though is that it will move your table because of its sheer power. It’s best to avoid placing this machine on a flimsy work table.
The self-adjusting tension is another feature that all professional sewers love about this machine. No need to mess around with the tension every time.
Even though the Singer CG590 does not have hundreds of fancy stitches and patterns, it is hardly a deterrent. After all, it is being sold as a heavy-weight, sturdy, no-frill machine. Moreover, what it lacks in fancy additions, it more than makes up with its awesome power and speed.