Janome has for years been associated with the making of quality sewing machines. Just as the name goes, Janome Magnolia 7318 sewing machine does the brand justice. This machine is sturdy and is designed bearing in mind the latest technology and the obvious practicality that it must have. It boasts of having a competitive price and also for the smooth way it operates.
This machine is renowned for its smooth operation. It is also placed at a high position by customers because the manufacturer has been able to incorporate the latest technology in all its designs and features. Moreover, this machine is portable and capable of performing several intriguing quilting tricks.
1. A non-jamming bobbin – You need a bobbin that does not let the thread jam every other few minutes. This bobbin has been designed to avoid any jamming when you are stitching. It also automatically stops winding when it is full.
2. 7- Piece feed dog – This allows you to monitor and also control the way you feed the fabric to the machine. With this feature, the garment will always get even stitches, which bear the same tension that you want them to have.
3. 18 incorporated stitches, which help you as a starter sewer, learn of new exciting stitches. You will learn of decorating tricks as well as the making button holes. Among the stitches to explore include satin, bridging, fagoting thorn, and straight.
4. A strong handle is also one of the inclusions that the manufacturer put in the machine. This makes it easy to carry around.
5. A kit full of accessories – This kit comes in handy as it has all the handiwork items that you need to operate the machine. Among the accessories in the kit are 3-pack of needles, screwdriver, lint brush, felt cushion for spool and two brush holders.
6. There is also an intuitive arm, which can do free-arm sewing.
7. A workplace light is also included in the machine to enable you to see clearly what you are working on at all times.
The advantages of buying the Janome Magnolia 7318
• The easy to drop-bobbin makes this machine very user-friendly, especially for the beginner.
• The solid construction of the machine ensures that it remains sturdy even after years of use. The strong frame of the machine also ensures that the stitches do not get distorted at any one time.
• Among the numerous sewing machines for beginners in the market, Janome Magnolia 7318 stands out, especially because of the needle placement design. With this machine, you enjoy variable needle positioning, hence making it ideal for any person and for almost any other fabric that you can think of.
• The machine is designed to enable you to work on fabrics that are thick and which are hard to work on when using other types of machines. It delivers precise and smooth performance irrespective of whether the type of material being worked on.
• The top loading bobbin makes the machine stand out amongst the competition
The cons of the machine
• It has fewer decorative stitches than the competition
• The machine does not also come with a case.
The practicality of the machine
Janome is a company that has built its name mainly because it emphasizes on innovation, embracing new technology while making functionality an essential component in every other machine that bears its brand. The Janome Magnolia 7318 sewing machine is designed considering the needs of the everyday home sewing enthusiast.
The company has ensured that the necessary upgrades have been made, hence ensuring that the thread passes through the whole systems smoothly. The ‘jam proof’ drop-in bobbin makes working with this machine incredibly easy and educative for the very new sewers. Moreover, the variable needle positioning which changes setting positions 5 times to the left makes the whole sewing experience fun.
One of the best sewing machines for beginners is definitely the Janome Magnolia 7318. This is especially so because it is intuitive in many an area that many other entry machines overlook. The drop-in bobbin and the dog feed feature are just some of the endearing features. Don’t forget that the pricing is very competitive.